Founded in 1980, Synseal is the UK’s fastest growing and most dynamic window and conservatory systems manufacturer. Synseal remains fully independent and is owned by the people that run the company on a day-to-day basis following a successful MBO in February 2010. The management team drive Synseal’s commitment to provide the best products, at competitive prices and with unrivalled support for and interaction with its fabrication customers.
The Nottinghamshire-based business is noted for its innovative engineering, effective marketing, and excellent customer service and satisfaction. Synseal regularly achieves top ratings in ‘Reputations Plus’ annual Benchmark surveys of fabricators’ views of their suppliers’ product quality and service performance. Numerous industry awards testify to Synseal’s commitment to be the best in all areas of its business. Synseal believe that this is the most effective way of remaining a market leader and recent accolades include the prestigious Nottinghamshire Company of the Year Award for 2011, finalist in the Green Manufacturer of the Year Award at the ‘Insider Made in the Midlands Awards’ 2011, Midlands regional runner-up for Environmental Efficiency Award at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards 2012 and winner of a Green Apple Environment Award which was presented at the House of Commons Westminster in November 2012. In June 2014 Synseal won the prestigious ECMOD (Every Channel Mobilised Optimised and Delivered) Direct Commerce award for best B2B business with sales of £50 million+.
Core products include three 70mm PVC-U window suites: Legend, Shield and SynerJy, an Evolve range of specialist fabricated and CE marked products which includes vertical sliding sash, patio doors and bi-fold doors, and market-leading conservatory roof systems in both PVC-U and aluminium including the best-selling Global roof which for sizeable wide-spanning projects can be supported by SkySpace portal frames.
- In November 2011 Synseal acquired a large regional IGU producer to create Global Glass and further extend customer choice, in addition to joint-developing glass and frame solutions to optimise energy efficiency and performance. Global Glass Huthwaite now specialises in production of high quality sealed units for windows and doors.
- In May 2012 Synseal added again to its brand portfolio with the acquisition of K2 Conservatories including Celsius performance glass. Global Glass Blackburn was subsequently established as a centre of excellence for roof glass sealed unit manufacture.
- In April 2013 Synseal Registered Installer (SRI) business support was launched in association with sponsoring fabricators to assist verified installers to retail Synseal products to UK homeowners.
- In July 2014 Synseal acquired the business and assets of Prospect Inc. Ltd, trading as Systems Glass, to create Global Glass Wigan and add a third IGU manufacturing facility to expand and strengthen glass supply operations serving northern regions of the UK.
- In November 2014 Synseal acquired the trade and operating assets of the Litchfield Group’s UK window and trade extrusion and door businesses, formerly known as LB Plastics Ltd and Manse Masterdor Ltd, and established the renamed Sheerframe Ltd and Masterdor Ltd as wholly-owned subsidiaries of Synseal.
- In November 2014 Synseal also launched WarmCore aluminium folding sliding doors, featuring innovative “warm aluminium” framing technology, which signals a new chapter in the company’s dynamic 34-year history.
- Synseal is a member of the Glass & Glazing Federation incorporating the Conservatory Association and an associate member of the Home Builders Federation.